only Martha Stewart would know
|1. Stuff a
miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar
cone to prevent ice cream drips.
2. Use a meat baster to "squeeze" your
pancake batter onto the hot griddle and you'll
get perfectly shaped pancakes every time.
3. To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple
in the bag with the potatoes.
4. To prevent eggshells from cracking, add a
pinch of salt to the water before hard-boiling.
5. Run your hands under cold water before
pressing Rice Krispies treats in the pan and the
marshmallow won't stick to your fingers.
6. To get the most juice out of fresh lemons,
bring them to room temperature and roll them
under your palm against the kitchen counter
7. To easily remove burnt on food from your
skillet, simply add drop or two of dish soap and
enough water to cover bottom of pan, and bring to
a boil on stovetop.
8. Spray your Tupperware with nonstick cooking
spray before pouring in tomato based sauces and
there won't be any stains.
9. When a cake recipe calls for flouring the
baking pan, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead
and there won't be any white mess on the outside
of the cake.
10. If you accidentally over salt a dish while
it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato and
it will absorb the excess salt for an instant
"fix me up."
11. Wrap celery in aluminum foil when putting in
the refrigerator and it will keep for weeks.
12. Brush some beaten egg white over piecrust
before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish.
13. Place a slice of apple in hardened brown
sugar to soften it.
14. When boiling corn on the cob, add a pinch of
sugar to help bring out the corn's natural
15. To determine whether an egg is fresh, immerse
it in a pan of cool, salted water. If it sinks,
it is fresh, but if it rises to the surface,
throw it away.
16. Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in
half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing
will go away.
17. Don't throw out all that leftover wine.
Freeze into ice cubes for future use in
casseroles and sauces.
18. If you have a problem opening jars: Try using
latex dishwashing gloves. They give a non-slip
grip that makes opening ars easy.
19. Potatoes will take food stains off your
fingers. Just slice and rub raw potato on the
stains and rinse with water.
20. To get rid of itch from mosquito bites, try
applying soap on the area and you will experience
21. Ants, ants, ants everywhere Well, they are
said to never cross a chalk line. So get your
chalk out and draw a line on he floor or wherever
ants tend to march. See for yourself.
22. Use air freshener to clean mirrors. It does a
good job and better still, leaves a lovely smell
to the shine.
23. When you get a splinter, reach for the scotch
tape before resorting to tweezers or needle.
Simply put the scotch tape ver the splinter, and
then pull it off. Scotch tape removes most
splinters painlessly and easily.
24. Now look what you can do with Alka Seltzer.
Clean a toilet. Drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets,
wait twenty minutes, rush and flush. The citric
acid and effervescent action clean vitreous
25. Clean a vase. To remove a stain from the
bottom of a glass vase or cruet, fill with water
and drop in two Alka-Seltzer ablets.
26. Polish jewelry. Drop two Alka-Seltzer tablets
into a glass of water and immerse the jewelry for
27. Clean a thermos bottle. Fill the bottle with
water, drop in four Alka-Seltzer tablets, and let
soak for an hour (or longer, if necessary).
28. Unclog a drain. Clear the sink drain by
dropping three Alka-Seltzer tablets down the
drain followed by a cup of Heinz White Vinegar,
Wait a few minutes, then run the hot water.